St Paul’s is a church founded from other Ingersoll churches in 1890: Knox Church (1849 - 1883), continuing Knox (1884 - 1889), Erskine Church (1855 - 1883), St Andrews (1883 - 1890) and St Paul’s (1890 - the present day).
These churches are remembered in the names of the rooms of the new addition added on May 15th 1999. The church is interesting from an architectural point of view because the first church with the steeple is still here! But inside the former structure the configuration now has an addition with a center aisle. You can still see the front of the original church, which now acts as an entrance from the parking lot. Above it stands the famous burning bush symbol of the Presbyterian Church In Canada.
A complete history of St Paul’s ministry over the years has been complied in a booklet called “Bountiful Harvest”. In short, St Paul’s has been historically at the center of the life and times of Ingersoll being a ‘go to‘ church for people in need.
St. Paul’s is still very much a welcoming church community today!